We are here and fully operational to handle your family law needs during this time.
We can accommodate you by phone or virtually. We also offer in-person meeting with COVID precautions.

Post-Judgment Matters
  1. Home
  2.  - Post-Judgment Matters

Making The Needed Changes

Even after a divorce has been finalized, there may still be matters that later require a lawyer’s advice. As children grow up and their needs change, it is important that child custody and support arrangements change to meet these needs. Other times, remarriage or the loss of a job may require changes to alimony and support. An attorney is crucial to ensuring that your divorce decree reflects the changes in your life.

The Law Office of Jennifer J. McCaskill, LLC, located in Red Bank represents people across Monmouth County, Ocean County and Middlesex County and beyond in all types of family law matters. We have practiced law for more than 10 years and in New Jersey since 2006. We understand the legal, procedural and strategic considerations in post-judgment modification matters and will provide the guidance and counsel you need.

Taking Decisive Action In Modification Matters

Generally under New Jersey law, anyone who wants to modify his or her support or parenting time schedule must prove there has been a “substantial change in circumstances.” We will look closely at your situation to determine whether you qualify for a modification. Our law firm represents people who wish to modify:

  • Child custody
  • Child support
  • Alimony

Typically, if a parent paying child support loses his or her job, child support obligations may have to change to reflect this.

Contributing To The Costs Of A Child’s Higher Education

New Jersey is unique in that divorced parents can be required to contribute to a child’s higher education. As children grow up and enter their collegiate years, this issue may require modification of the original divorce decree. It is common for parents to disagree over the amount spent toward these expenses. We work for parents on both sides of this issue. We fully grasp the legal standards and how they can apply to the specifics of your situation.

Contact Us To Discuss Your Concerns

Call 732-852-7418 or complete our online contact form to schedule a consultation.