While it can be challenging to determine the new “normal” for your family during a divorce, many people don’t realize that their family dynamic is likely to continue to change. It’s not uncommon for one parent to take a job in another state or move closer to their family. The court may need to re-examine the child’s living situation at that time.
If you or your former partner is considering relocating your child, call a Monmouth County child relocation attorney at The Law Office of Jennifer J. McCaskill for guidance. We can represent your needs and help determine what’s best for your family and the relationship with your child. Contact our law firm at (732) 747-1882 to schedule a free consultation.
Deciding Whether Relocation Is a Good Idea
There are many legitimate reasons why a child’s custodial parent may want to move out of state.
Sometimes, moving is even in the best interest of the child such as when:
- The parent is moving for a better job that will allow them to spend more time with their kid
- The parent is moving to be closer to relatives, enabling the child to develop a relationship with those family members
- The parent has remarried and both members of that marriage have decided to relocate
However, under New Jersey law, both parents must legally agree to this move. If the court doesn’t agree that the parent has a good reason to move, you may need a new child custody and visitation agreement.
Life after divorce can be difficult, especially as new opportunities present themselves. We want to help your children remain in the best situation possible while also allowing your life and career to grow. Ms. McCaskill has over 20 years of experience practicing law and has the skills and knowledge needed to help your family find the right solution.
Contact a Monmouth Country Child Relocation Lawyer Today
We know that it can be hard to do the right thing for your family after your divorce, but we want to make the process as easy as possible.
Our divorce law firm in Monmouth County, NJ also provides:
- Monmouth County Child Support Lawyer
- Mediation Attorney in Monmouth County, NJ
- Monmouth County Child Relocation Lawyers
- Judgment Modifications Lawyer in Monmouth County, NJ
- Prenuptial Agreements Lawyers in Monmouth County, NJ
- Domestic Violence Attorneys in Monmouth County, NJ
- Monmouth County Modifications of Order Lawyer
- Division of Assets Attorney in Monmouth County, NJ
- High Asset Divorce Lawyer in Monmouth County, NJ
- Paternity Lawyer in Monmouth County, NJ